Wednesday 25 February 2015

I'm back!

That straight off the bike look.

Hi there. I'm back. It's been almost two years since I last used this blog. I've been feeling the itch for a while now. It's funny, I absolutely hated writing in school and college. I'd always leave essays until the last minute and rush through without a care. Now I really enjoy writing and wish I could go back and do it all again. Education in wasted on the young... So true.

I'm not going to regale you with tales of the past two years. You can figure it all out yourselves through reading my blog, following me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. If you are going to look me up on Facebook, don't try and add me as a friend unless you actually know me as I only add real life friends and acquaintances. But I have now placed a "follow" button on my page for everyone else, so please "follow" me :/

So let me get stuck in. I've recently discovered YouTube. Yeah, I knew all about it for years and have been posting videos of my kids for the family and what not. But I've now started following a load of vloggers and content creators such as Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton, Jenna Marbles, Julian Solomita and Epic Meal Time to name but a few. And it's made me think... I could do that. I don't know... I'm not going to pretend I'm gonna be as funny as them or as well thought out and well made as Epic Meal Time, but I thought I'd give it a go. I was gonna dive right in with a brand and some themes, but then I thought it might be best to start more organically. Laura is well up for it too and is already thinking of starting her own channel. So I've started videoing random things to see what happens. The first one that I think will be going up on my channel will be food related. I love cooking and do it a lot. I'm no Michelin star chef, just good old home cooked food. Sometimes I'm an out of the packet kind of guy and sometimes I'm a lot more adventurous. Last night I cooked trofie pasta with a roasted red pepper and tomato sauce with fresh basil and mozzarella. I filmed it. I'm gonna edit it together and post it and see what happens. Other ideas include weekly update vlogs, chats about video games, board games, film and tv, with and without Laura. So... keep an eye out and please tell me what you think. 

Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment